Saturday, October 26, 2013

Merrion Square Miniatures

A Selection of 4 x 4 inch watercolours with hand-painted collage
With sales so thin on the ground it seems that 'small' is the only way to go.  I am at my best when I am working on a larger scale as I can develop the expression of the painting.  It also provides a sense of being able to become lost in my work, the happiest place in the world for me.  These large paintings are lining my walls, floors, hallway, storage shed and studio.  I take a selection in to Merrion Square with me on Sundays, but with only an eight-foot-long pitch it limits me to showing only one or two.  As Christmas is fast approaching (sorry, didn't mean to mention the "C" word so early) I've decided to re-create the world of Kate Bedell Watercolours in miniature.  Scenes, flowers, and angels are all on the agenda for the next few weeks.  I have also started another large Still life to give me some light relief from the intense intricacies of these small creations.

No comments: