Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pink Amaryllis with Spirals

Pink Amaryllis with Spirals - demo (unfinished)
This is the demo painting that I did in Friday's class.  It is still a little unfinished and needs tweeking here and there.  I may do some collage on top of this version as I changed the composition slightly which added more space at the bottom of the painting.  I thought I might suggest a lacy table cloth by adding some lace paper.  The website for the paper is listed in my art links/websites.   To see a list of the colours and techniques used please see the page "Still Life Project" which is listed above this post.
"Summer Wine" Completed painting with Collage
 The lace paper collage was added later to soften and tone down some of the strident areas as well as giving some texture to the flat painted areas.  Some details are posted below.

Lace paper with spirals adds the texture and pattern to the vase.
 
Some words from Molly Bloom adorn the petals.


The loosely painted flower petals merge with the background.

The bars from music notes accentuate the strong stems of the Amaryllis.

No comments: